Hot Water Cylinders
RHEEM 180L MAINS PRESSURE INDOOR CYLINDER
$2690 (incl GST). Price includes all labour, valves, materials, and HWC*
- 3kW Element
- Abundant hot water suitable for all water pressures and a wide range of water conditions
- Vitreous Enamel lined cylinder*
- New Zealand Minimum Energy Performance Standards Compliant
- TPR valve setting: 1000 kPa
- Dimensions 1165 x 580mm HxW
* This is a like for like replacement, does not include work at heights or roof spaces, electrical costs not included, please refer to our terms and conditions for further details.
Common Hot Water Cylinder Problems
- No hot water – your heating source (gas or electrical) is not working
- Water is too hot – adjusting the thermostat will usually fix this problem
- Not enough hot water – might be time for an upgrade as your cylinder is to small
- Hot water cylinder is leaking – eeek. Never a good sign, leaks can be due to a number of common causes including (but not limited to), faulty parts, excessive water pressure, loose connections around the cylinder, cracks in the tank and most commonly corrosion due to age.
What Happens If My Cylinder Stops Working?
The answer to that question is simple, you’ll get no more hot water!! A lack of hot water in the home can be extremely inconvenient, and is caused by a number of different events such as:
- Regional Power Outage
- Broken Element
- Electrical Fault
- Cylinder Fault
It’s pretty annoying when the low pressure hot water system stops working in the household! Although it doesn’t pose any immediate health issues, left unaddressed the cylinder degradation can sometimes get worse and worse, costing more money to fix in the future.
What Happens If My Cylinder Is Leaking at the Base or Overflowing?
If your hot water cylinder is leaking at the base it is likely it has split due to age. At this stage you will need to either replace the unit or take the opportunity to upgrade to high pressure (mains) or gas. We can quote a replacement off a photo, please use our contact form to upload one.
If your cylinder is overflowing, this is caused by grit in pipe work, a too high temperature or the valves may be worn and need to be replaced or serviced.
Hot Water Cylinder Repairs
We can repair all models of hot water cylinders in Auckland – gas hot water, mains pressure cylinders, low pressure cylinders, you name it. If your hot water cylinder cannot be repaired, we will provide you with a range of options so you can make an informed decision on which model will best suit your budget and family circumstances.
HOT WATER CYLINDER REPLACEMENT
If your hot water cylinder needs to be replaced we supply a wide range of models. Like most things, hot water cylinders come in a range of sizes and brands and we have one to fit your specific needs. Replacing a hot water cylinder doesn’t need to be a stressful drama – our expert team can walk you through choosing the right replacement.
Hot Water Cylinder Models & Sizes
In most cases we are able to supply a hot water replacement and installation in the same day.
Our hot water system suppliers always have stock ready to go and regardless of where we are in Auckland, the use of GPS allows us to identify the closest supplier to your location ensuring the least amount of downtime and a hot shower is never far away.
We use and supply all major models from popular hot water companies including Rheem, Rinnai and Dux.
If you are thinking of moving to a new hot water solution, let us know. We also have a team of qualified gasfitters who can install infinity gas which is cheaper in the long run and faster to deliver high pressure hot water in your home.
It’s rare for us to come across a hot water plumbing job we can’t fix, so even if your request is a bit unconventional – give us a call for a chat. You can rely on us to deliver a reasonable quote and great service on any job we take on. If you need a hot water fast fix at a great price, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better deal. Contact us today and tell us more about your hot water problems.
Our coverage area for hot water cylinders includes:
● Beach Haven
● East Coast Bays
● Forrest Hill
● And surrounding areas
Low Pressure Hot Water Systems
What Are Low Pressure Hot Water Systems?
Low pressure cylinders (or unequal pressure) supplies low pressure hot water and high pressure cold water to sanitary fittings. This low pressure would be most noticable in your shower. These systems are becoming less and less popular and are typically being replaced with a high pressure cylinder or gas heating alternatives. Low pressure cylinders are being manufactured today and can be catergorized accordingly:
1. Low Pressure Vitreous Enamel (LPVE), these are most suited to areas where copper or stainless steel can’t be used. They range in size from 90 – 270 litres.
2. Low Pressure Copper or Copper Wetback. As the name suggest these cylinders are lined with copper but the wetback option means they can be connected to most burner systems e.g wood burner, for hot water heating purposes, thus reducing your heating bills. They range in size from 135 – 270 litres.